A personal blog about the daily rituals in the life of a kid...

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Kudos Airtel!



Off late, I have been surprisingly pleased with the service that I have received from Airtel over the past month. Personally, I have never used Airtel. Been more conservative. My agency, FoxyMoron, however has vowed to use Airtel for its various ventures.

1. To start off with, my work cell phone number was interimly moved to Airtel. Not like I really used the phone a lot before my peon lovingly stole my mobile phone. All the same, like any god fearing citizen, I had the number cancelled. Unbelievavbly, after confirming cancellation of the same, Airtel sent me an interesting letter offering me a refund off the overpaid amount that I had with Airtel. Not even that I was aware of the same but I can't deny that I was bowled over by the honesty and integrity that a private telecom company puts to face in this hard core cut throat corporate excuse of a world.

2. Inciedent number 2: We bought an Samsung LCD TV in the office for which. we expectedly needed a cable connection. Not only was the technician punctual, but overtly effecient and creative at the same time, making use of the limited resources that Kulkarni Patil Bhuvan had to offer him. Deliccately balancing on the frame of the rusty 37 year old door, stealing light from the neighbour's half cracked bulb that hung precariously from the 7 foot tall ceiling were few amongst his plethora of dynamic traits. Paritosh was very impressed with his skill, not to mention his ability to hold conversation in English and his oh-so-cool mobile phone. Out of the love and generousity of his big heart, Pari went on to offer the boys a token of our appreciation. But they politely declined and told him that if he was happy with their service, he should wirte an email to their boss informing him of the same. Wow! Shock number 2!

3. This afternoon, my telephone line at the office stopped working. As it turned out, the wire was broken resulting in not only the stoppage of the use of the phone, but also out official lifeline - the internet. And our man Pari was sure to register a complaint at that moment. In less than 2 hours, we had a fat man clad in blue and blue barge in to our office, replace some wires, reconnect some settings and fly out like he was never there. Problem rectified in T-10 minutes. I ran outside once again, to extend our warm gratitude for his overt punctuality and effeciency. Not only did he not take a personal service fee, but he didn't charge us for the replacement of the wires as well!

Just got me thinking, that in this hard core cut throat competion seized corporate world that we live in, the only thing that will allow one to survive in the market, is customer service and satisfaction. I was really impressed with Airtel today and hence took a few moments to extend my gratitudes towards them in this small and meaningless ode.

Well done Airtel!

No comments:

Post a Comment